Our SEO partners over at Moz are always full of useful information about all things relating to SEO. In a recent email newsletter they provided a link to an article on SEOSherpa providing surprising results for 16 SEO experiments.
The most interesting observations for us are:
- Click-through rates from search impact Google search placement
- No matter what “they” say, optimising for mobile is critical for search
- Both good links and bad links impact search even after they are removed
- Despite big hints from Google urging us all to use https, looks like it can actually harm your ranking!
- Nofollow in robots.txt does not really work
- Links to other websites help your rankings, not harm them
- Nofollow links do increase your ranking after all